Programming the Ethereum Blockchain: Hands-on Smart Contracts
Deploy a simple Solidity contract on Ethereum, right on your own laptop
Bring Your Lap Top – Get Underneath the Hood
Welcome to our first Silicon Valley Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence Meetup group event!
This will be an interactive meeting/class where we will walk you through deploying a simple Solidity contract on a local Ethereum blockchain on your laptop (Ganache – http://truffleframework.com/ganache/)
Event Date: March 7th, 2018
1117 S. California Avenue | 2nd Floor | Palo Alto, CA 94304
Venue Sponsors – Procopio
– Agenda –
6:30 – 7:00 Sign in, get some food, set up computers.
7:00 – 8:00 Presentation and Programming
Ethereum contracts for founder vesting schedules
Kumar Pandey, CTO at iBriz.ai
8:00 – 8:30 Solicit other topics of interest from the group. Open discussion.
Who should attend –
Anyone with interest to learn this platform can attend:
- Developers: who have programming skills and now would like to know about this very popular blockchain platform.
- Product managers: if you want to understand at a high level and not necessarily get your hands dirty.
Knowledge of any programming language will help. Ability to follow the instructions in the Github repo is an added advantage. If you have any questions, or run into difficulty with computer setup, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
What will you get out of this class –
Basic high-level understanding of how an Ethereum smart contracts work. For those who would like to get their hands dirty, you will walk away with a working knowledge of how smart contracts works in a real world example of a solidity contract.
Why Ethereum –
- Decentralization: an open-source, public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform. It features smart contract (scripting) functionality. It also provides a decentralized Turing-complete virtual machine, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
- Largest number of Developers: Ethereum has the largest network of developers as compared to other blockchain platforms.
- Innovation: there are some extremely passionate people with brilliant minds developing this platform. Innovation is happening not only at the infrastructure level but also on the application side.
- Cutting-edge technology: blockchain itself is a very new technology. There are many who believe, and rightly so, that blockchain will have a bigger impact in our lives than the impact that the internet had/has.
- High salaries: with many of the enterprises getting into blockchain the demand is much higher than available supply. The salaries for good developers is bound to go up by leaps and bounds.
-Vitalik Buterin explains Ethereum –
We will deep dive into OpenZepplin’s TokenVesting contract https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/zeppelin-solidity/blob/master/contracts/token/ERC20/TokenVesting.sol and interact with the contract using the web app https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/token-vesting-ui. The idea is to give a feel for the internal working of a smart contract on the Ethereum platform with real world use cases.
IMPORTANT Preparation Instructions: To get the most out of this presentation you will need to clone the acmetoken repo and follow the instructions in the README to set up software on your computer.
Signup Below And Get a Real Taste of Ethereum Smart Contracts